Where Can I Get BOTOX® Injections on the Face?
You have probably seen the advertisements and heard your friends talking about BOTOX injections. The cosmetic injectable help smooth away existing lines and wrinkles while preventing new ones. You can receive BOTOX in the forehead, between the brows, Crow’s feet, and nasolabial folds.
If you would like to learn about BOTOX injections, schedule a consultation with Dr. Matthew Adam Graham at Wellspring Medical Spa & Aesthetics in Thomasville, GA.
Dr. Graham will meet with you to listen to your goals and discuss what you can expect from cosmetic injectables. During the consultation, he will develop a treatment plan that focuses on your areas of concern. Typically, cosmetic injections are administered on the same day as the consultation.
All about BOTOX injections
You can fight the signs of aging with BOTOX injections. Not only can they reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your face, but they can also prevent new ones from forming.
The most common areas of the face to administer BOTOX include:
- Forehead wrinkles: Smooth away the horizontal creases in your forehead and help prevent new ones from forming.
- Crow’s feet: Often called laugh lines, Crow’s feet are the fine lines that develop at the corners of the eyes when you laugh or smile. BOTOX injections can help relax the lines and make them less noticeable.
- Frown lines: The number 11 lines between your eyebrows often develop from frowning or whenever you furrow your brow. BOTOX can reduce the appearance of these lines.
- Marionette or nasolabial lines: The lines develop at the corners of your mouth. Your mouth might droop. BOTOX is often used to ease the lines.
What is BOTOX?
BOTOX is formulated from type A botulinum toxin that has undergone a purification process. The cosmetic injectable reduces the frequent movements of the facial muscles near the injection site. The wrinkles develop from the muscle contractions that crease the skin and cause what is referred to as dynamic wrinkles. The repetitive movement of the muscles can deepen lines on the face. However, BOTOX reduces muscle movement to help smooth away the lines. Plus, the injectable helps prevent new wrinkles from forming.
BOTOX injections take only minutes to administer. Most patients report feeling only a slight pin prick at the time of injection. You might notice slight redness or possible swelling, but the marks quickly start to fade away. You should avoid rubbing your face following the BOTOX injections for at least the first day, so you don’t accidentally spread the formulation.
Benefits of BOTOX
The many benefits of BOTOX include the following:
- No downtime. The injections are often completed in under 15 minutes, and you can return to your daily life
- Helps prevent new wrinkles from forming
- Easily paired with other cosmetic treatments for even greater results
- Provides a more youthful appearance
Schedule a BOTOX consultation in Thomasville, GA
If you are interested in learning about BOTOX injections, schedule a consultation with Dr. Matthew Adam Graham at Wellspring Medical Spa & Aesthetics in Thomasville, GA. He will meet with you to discuss what you can expect from BOTOX injections. He will also explain where on the face the injections can be administered to help smooth away existing wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming. Contact us today to learn more.